Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Things I want to do/or not to do

.. in order to better myself!
1. Stop biting my nails!

PHOTO CREDIT 
This has been a struggle for me since at least kindergarten! I remember the boy I liked way back then (in 1986) made fun of me for biting my nails. Since then it has been such a constant struggle.  
A few times a year I commit to myself to stop biting- and I normally keep it up for a month or so. Then something “stressful” will happen and I fall right back into that same biting routine. I will bite one, then I have to bite them all because heaven forbid they not be even. It just starts a crazy downward spiral that I need to eliminate!
I find that when I paint my nails a dark color, I am less likely to bit them. I currently have them a beautiful shade of wholesome earth that would make my friend Alison proud because it is a dark purpleish color. It has been about a week since i last bit them and I can see whites- YAH!
2. Be better about keeping my house clean.
Cleaning House - Scrubbing the Floor Royalty Free Stock Photo
PHOTO CREDIT
I always have every intention of getting my house really really clean and keeping it that way forever. And then life happens. Right now I have $150 worth of items from the commissary sitting on my kitchen counter because i wanted to watch the bachelorertte after Owen went to bed instead of putting everything away (don’t worry, I got the cold stuff). I did manage to clean up the living room floor, but only because i lost my watch, again.
For a while now I have subscribed to Flylady.net. She sends out daily email suggestions for what to clean, weekly zone plans, and daily things we should do. I even printed out some of her lists and laminated them last year so i could use the dry erase marker on them each week. I HAVE TO GET BETTER ABOUT DOING THIS! I feel like i live in constant messes and it is completely our fault. John, Owen and I all need to be better about cleaning up after ourselves WHEN THE MESS happens instead of letting it pile up.
I recommend subscribing to her daily emails. I chose the option to get just 1 email a day from her- it is a combination of all of the information sent out, but you also can get each email she sends out throughout the day- it would be like 10 a day. I do not like having my inbox clogged up so I passed on that option. Her plan can really change your life though!
3. Drink more water.
Glass of water Royalty Free Stock Photo
PHOTO CREDIT
I was reading tonight that gallbladder issues could be do to not drinking enough water- which i KNOW i definitely do not do. I am lucky to get 1 glass in me a day, i am no where close to the recommended 6-8 glasses! Tomorrow morning I am going to make myself drink drink drink! Hopefully! :)
4. Be present.
Sunshine in a flower... :-) by annpar
PHOTO CREDIT
I am constantly looking forward to the next thing. I have a difficult time just living in the moment. Now that I am a mom i realize how important it is to just be present for Owen. My goal is to be a yes mom, always live in the moment, and not take for granted this time I have with him. He is so sweet and so snuggly. I know how lucky I am and I want to savor every moment of his childhood!
I know there are so many other things. Like being better about couponing, meal planning, spending more time with the dog. But I think the list above is more than enough of a good start!

DISCLAIMER- FlyLady.net has in no way compensated me for this post. I just happen to LOVE the site and all it has to offer.

2 comments:

  1. Great list and all obtainable Amy!! Go girl! and thanks for the website. Ill be checking that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to join you on the "be present". i have a sticker in my closet that says, Be Here Now. However, I am always thinking and planning the next best thing! I do love that I am a planner, but you are right, we all need to slow down and Be Here Now.

    ReplyDelete